The Center for Puppetry Arts’ mission is to inspire imagination, education, and community through the global art of puppetry. Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors of all ages and backgrounds to the wonder and artistry of puppetry through three key programming areas: Performance, Museum, and Education. Our programming includes:
- More than 500 fully-staged puppetry performances each year through our Family Series (ages 4+) and our New Directions Series for Adults and Teens
- The Silver-LEED Certified Worlds of Puppetry Museum, featuring the largest Jim Henson collection in the world as well as one of the largest global puppetry collections in the US
- More than 1,000 hours of fun, hands-on education for children each year through signature Create-A-Puppet Workshops™
- On-and off-site workshops for patrons of all ages
- An award-winning Distance Learning program that uses videoconferencing to deliver live, interactive content that has reached students from all 50 states and 9 countries.