MARTA Stations & Parking
MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) is the rail and bus system for the City of Atlanta and some of its bordering communities, including Sandy Springs. Rail service is available to major attractions in downtown Atlanta, and to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The stations in Sandy Springs are the northernmost stops on the red line, making MARTA the simplest way to reach the us from the airport. From the Domestic Terminal baggage claim, board the MARTA Red Line to the Sandy Springs station. The total trip duration for this route is approximately 43 minutes.
Good to know:
- Sandy Springs has easy access to 4 MARTA stations, with adjacent parking:
- N8 – Medical Center Station – 5711 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road, NE
- N9 – Dunwoody Station – 1111 Hammond Drive
- N10 – Sandy Springs Station – 1101 Mount Vernon Highway
- N11 – North Springs Station – 7010 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road
- Trains arrive at the station every 10-15 minutes weekdays and every 20 minutes on weekends.
- Standard MARTA fare is around $2.50 for a one-way trip. Discounts are available for groups or multiple trips.
- Children 46 inches and under can ride MARTA for free (limit two children per paying adult).
- You can purchase MARTA’s refillable Breeze Card for multiple, frequent trips. It never expires.
More information on How to use MARTA