Heritage Sandy Springs Museum & Park preserves the history of Sandy Springs, stewards the community park, and offers cultural, educational, event and outreach opportunities.
The Heritage Sandy Springs Museum is located in the re-purposed Williams-Payne House, named for the Williams family who built the house and farmed the land from the late 1860s until 1939, at which time the Paynes purchased the home. Originally located on the present day corner of Mount Vernon Highway and State Route 400, the house was moved to the Heritage Green in 1985. The HSS Museum is the only museum dedicated to sharing the story of our community.
The anchor exhibit, Sandy Springs: Land and People, along with changing galleries, allow for in-depth exhibits about historical, seasonal, and current events. Changing space allows many never-before-seen artifacts from the collection to go on display for the first time, and also provide space for traveling exhibits from other museums and cultural organizations.
A four-acre park site around the original “sandy springs”, offering an oasis of green space that serves as a thriving community gathering place.